Saturday, September 1, 2012

Keeping my EYE on the PRIZE!

Good week.. Why was it a good week? Well, being prepared help achieved a good week. When family was in a hurry to go to the next event, I prepared food for them to take. Work lunches were already prepared. Workouts were already planned on my agenda. Extra workout clothes were packed in purse! No regrets is my motto! Being prepared helped give me a 3 pound weight loss! I also signed up for a 15K and have been planning for a few weeks, first running a mile, then two, then 3.... then four each week. Well, whatcha know, I got up today to a beautiful sunrise. That was enough to motivate me! I put on my shoes and my hubby said, "I suppose you want me to go?". I said, "no, not really, but you can come!" He says, " Oh, I suppose I can go, if you want me to.." Funny, thing is that I have motivated him to run! I gave up asking and WHALAA! So I check my iphone and today's agenda was 6 miles! I said are you up for that (I didn't know if I was!) yes was the answer. We felt womderful, so we ran 8 miles for me and probably 9 miles for him! Wow, God can really give strength to help accomplish ANYTHING! So 3 pound loss and a big goal for me 8 miles in ONE hour and 25 minutes. Plus, I'm having a great time runny with my hubby!
This picture is taken in Maui, we ran night and day looking at this view! Who wouldn't love running????????

No comments:

Post a Comment